Calthorpe Estates is celebrating its 300th year anniversary on 17th September 2017
We will be holding a fun filled day suitable for all age groups.
The event takes place at the Botanical Gardens from 12noon to 5pm, with a whole host of things going on:
- Craft activities and demonstrations – including willow weaving
- Vintage rides and play area, plus a Punch & Judy show
- Face painting and children’s trail
- Bee keeping demonstrations – with a professional handler and bees in a glass hive
- A programme of local performers and jazz bands including the Miss Fortunes, The Terry Clarke Band and C-Jam all on the agenda to get you into the swing.
- Market and craft tents
- Cake baking and garden design competition prize giving
To tantalise the taste buds there will be a range of ‘gastro’ food and beverage stalls, as well as pop-ups from some local restaurants on the Calthorpe Estate to provide a ‘taste of Edgbaston’.
All set within the wonderful surroundings of the Birmingham Botanical Gardens with its lawn area, ticket holders can sit back, enjoy the festive atmosphere and have a great day out.
There will be a range of free entertainment and demonstrations on offer, only a small charge will be made for the vintage rides, as well as the food and beverage. Ticket holders are welcome to take their own picnic, we’d just ask that you don’t take any sharp or breakable glass objects. Calthorpe Estates will send you a reminder of what’s happening nearer the time.
Car parking is very limited, so we’d encourage ticket holders to use public transport or walk. Unfortunately dogs are not permitted within the gardens and at the event.
Tickets for the event are now all sold out