World-class women players in action
The Aegon Classic Birmingham, the pre-Wimbledon grass court tennis tournament for the world’s top female tennis players, is once again being hosted at Edgbaston Priory Club, on the Calthorpe Estate.
The tournament, which is now one of the top 20 tournaments on the WTA tour and one of Birmingham’s major sporting events takes place from Saturday 11th – Sunday 19th June 2016. You can see in action 4 out of the top 10 female players.
Amongst the top names announced for this year’s tournament are:
- Wimbledon finalist and current World No.3 Agnieszka Radwanska
- Petra Kvitova, two times Wimbledon Champion and one of the foremost grass court players of her generatio
- Angelique Kerber, Australian Open Champion and last year’s winner of the Aegon Classic Birmingham
- Simona Halep, World No. 5 and former French Open finalist
- British No.1 Johanna Konta who is currently ranked 18 in the world, the highest-ranked British woman in 29 years, and British No.2 Heather Watson.
- Caroline Wozniacki, former World No. 1
- Madison Keys, World No. 16, one of the rising stars on the WTA tour.
It promises to be a scintillating week of world class tennis, heralding the start of summer!
To find out more or buy tickets, click here